Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Interactive | Game/Hardware Reviews

Old 28-10-2011, 11:25   #1
hutchie

Member No: 16367
hutchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uncharted

With the 3rd game in the series coming out next week, I picked up the 1st 2 games for 20 (which is a bit of a rip off considering the first is 4 years old and widely available).

I just finished the first game yesterday and have made a brief start to the second. The thing I noticed Drake's Fortune is that it probably has the best script and voice acting in a game ever. There were loads of moments i burst out laughing at drakes wise cracks, the graphic look great aside from a little slowdown here and there.

The gameplay is pretty ingrossing and there is loads to unlock by collecting various treasures hidden around. The gameplay for me is very reminicent of tomb raider, where you have a puzzle, jump around, fight, rinse and repeat. The gun fighting isnt the best either and I had real problems targeting enemies whilst they never seemed to miss a shot.
hutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 13:15   #2
Frank Lucas

Member No: 15674
Frank Lucas is a jewel in the roughFrank Lucas is a jewel in the roughFrank Lucas is a jewel in the rough

Wait 'til you get through the second one. This series is going from strength-to-strength. Especially from a technical standpoint; I cant wait for Drakes Deception! You've probably noticed there's less(or no) slowdown or screen-tearing in the second one when compared against the original.

Pugz
Frank Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 17:10   #3
Imperial

Member No: 827
Imperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond repute

Never played these games before. Can I ask if you've played knights of the old republic, and if you did how would you compare the two?

And if you haven't.... play it
#1 ranked nocturne euw
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 23:26   #4
hutchie

I havent played kotr cos my pc is crap n i dont have an xbox yet! Like i said uncharted is kinda like tomb raider but combat and a great story

PFevents
Old 03-11-2011, 01:01   #5
D.M.C.D

Member No: 15184
D.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
Never played these games before. Can I ask if you've played knights of the old republic, and if you did how would you compare the two?

I think the best way to describe Uncharted in a nutshell (from playing UC1) is Tomb Raider meets Prince of Persia inspired by Indiana Jones with an over-the-shoulder shooting system and melee system.

UC1 is a single player staple for Playstation 3, it's right up there next to Bayonetta.

Should note it doesn't play anything like Bayonetta, just so I don't confuse anyone.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:18   #6
Veggy

Member No: 1299
Veggy is a splendid one to beholdVeggy is a splendid one to beholdVeggy is a splendid one to beholdVeggy is a splendid one to beholdVeggy is a splendid one to beholdVeggy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Uncharted and kotor are about as similar to each other as Tekken and Super Monkeyball
Veggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 13:00   #7
Imperial

Member No: 827
Imperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond reputeImperial has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Think I will pass on it then, not the biggest fan of platformers, in particularly tomb raider.
#1 ranked nocturne euw
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 14:01   #8
D.M.C.D

Member No: 15184
D.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings still

Quote:
Thanks! Think I will pass on it then, not the biggest fan of platformers, in particularly tomb raider.
not so much a platformer, more an action/adventure
Old 05-11-2011, 01:24   #9
DBlanks

Member No: 17225
DBlanks will become famous soon enough

Third person shooter, action adventure, PoP/assassins creed platforming.

The game is just like watching a really good Indiana Jones movie. The escapes, the holy crap moments, the flow of the game is just engrossing.
DBlanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 14:26   #10
Don Joff

Member No: 14
Don Joff is just really niceDon Joff is just really niceDon Joff is just really niceDon Joff is just really niceDon Joff is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Don Joff

I too am going through the previous games.

I am suprised at how good it is considering its 4 years old. All the fuss is understandable now, especially when the other two games are supposed to be even better.

I do find it hilarious how acrobatic he is. I am always laughing everytime I seem jump a ludicrous distance over cliff face or something.
Don Joff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 14:26   #11
hutchie

i love the death scenes, where i miss that stupid jump!

PFevents
Old 10-03-2012, 23:50   #12
Barack Obama

Member No: 19826
Barack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant futureBarack Obama has a brilliant future

So I've been playing the multiplayer quite a lot and I think I'm addicted. It's very easy and a lot of fun, both co-op and comp.

Lag doesn't really affect your gameplay.
Barack Obama is offline   Reply With Quote