Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Tournaments, Events and Results | Forthcoming International Events

Old 06-03-2012, 03:09   #1
Owwmykneecap

Member No: 1457
Owwmykneecap is a jewel in the roughOwwmykneecap is a jewel in the roughOwwmykneecap is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Owwmykneecap
Default Dublin, Ireland - April 14th - Irish Evo Qualifier Tournament

Dublin, Ireland - April 14th - Irish Evo Qualifier Tournament

The third Irish Evo Qualifier has just been announced.

Taking place in historic Trinity College on April 14th Flights and entry to the Evo world championships held in Las Vegas in July will be up for grabs.

Tournaments will be taking place in:

SSFIV: AE ver.2012
Street Fighter X Tekken: team tournament.
Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3
and Mortal Kombat

The first prize for for Super Street Fighter IV will be the flights and entry to Evo The prizes for the other tournaments will be announced later.

To Pre register for the tournament visit: http://evo.randomselect.ie/

By pre registering you will be kept up to date with all announcements.

A full timetable and entry costs will be made available later this week.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:13   #2
TRUE Zero
Grand Master B**tard

Member No: 2793
TRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to behold

Its brass that only sf4 gets a ticket, might as well not have the other games...
TRUE Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:49   #3
TRUE Zero
Grand Master B**tard

Member No: 2793
TRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to beholdTRUE Zero is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstGiefEVER View Post
Why don't you put an EVO qualifier on for the other games then?
Oh seen so that would make the idea of this "evo qualifier" with multiple games but only one game gets to go to evo any less brass?

you need to do much better then that blode...
TRUE Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 13:15   #4
Fire-Bug
Administrator

Member No: 15
Fire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Fire-Bug

Your sickofantic fan boy approach to the US scene coupled with your inability to support anything non-capcom based really makes me feel quite sad. The guy raised a good point, and you dance around it with school boy rebuttals.

Nice one James.
Old 06-03-2012, 13:27   #5
Owwmykneecap

Owwmykneecap is a jewel in the roughOwwmykneecap is a jewel in the roughOwwmykneecap is a jewel in the rough

Ireland has a population of 5 odd million.
it has 2 legitimate cities, Dublin and Belfast, only Dublin actually clocks in at over a million people.

These 5 million or so people are spread over an area two thirds the size of England (population 50 odd million)
In 66% of the space of England there is only a tenth of the people.

In other words it makes building a fighting game community rather difficult.

If we where to get a larger than expected turnout at the event, I'm certain we would provide more and bigger prizes. this is a community run event, there is no profit to be made. It's main function is to benefit the community and in my opinion over the last 2 years it's really done that. The inclusion of the other games is a key part of keeping the different aspects of that community together.

You should bear in mind that this prize is worth close to a grand. Your investment in winning it could be as little as a 20 return flight and a few games against other competitors.

Why don't you register interest in only playing Marvel, MK, or SFxT or send the organisers a message with your concerns.

Grand Master Bastard; I sincerely look forward to playing against you. blode.
Old 06-03-2012, 13:43   #6
Fire-Bug
Administrator

Fire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabredog View Post
ahahahahaha of all the terrible spellings used by neoempire's pseudo-intellectual londoners this has to be the best
You got me. Never to be edited for historical purposes. Kneecap, good points, thanks for clarifying. Sometimes thats all a person is asking for.
Old 06-03-2012, 13:47   #7
Owwmykneecap

Glad to hear it wge, sure going for post tourney pints in the main attraction. I owe you a rematch anyway from last year.

Oh yeah, we'll be streaming it too I believe.
Old 06-03-2012, 15:22   #8
Jack.S

Member No: 11165
Jack.S mans is saying couple tings stillJack.S mans is saying couple tings stillJack.S mans is saying couple tings stillJack.S mans is saying couple tings stillJack.S mans is saying couple tings stillJack.S mans is saying couple tings stillJack.S mans is saying couple tings stillJack.S mans is saying couple tings stillJack.S mans is saying couple tings still

Spoke to nutrient about this at WGC.I Will try and make it and enter everything, even though I havent played SF4 competitively for 8 months now.
Jack.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 15:57   #9
FSP

Member No: 13420
FSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond repute

Shame I'd have to swim the Irish Sea to get to this.
Old 06-03-2012, 15:58   #10
Miles Star
Young and Supple

Member No: 15283
Miles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miles Star Send a message via Skype™ to Miles Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Master Bastard View Post
Oh seen so that would make the idea of this "evo qualifier" with multiple games but only one game gets to go to evo any less brass?

you need to do much better then that blode...
ugyvgubjhvcfyghvaftdyhgcv ftygjhbnyuishbnxiujkbcgvtyuhv
sbgujcvbyuvvvx

HARD DOUGH OR DIE!!
Miles Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 16:13   #11
Chuck

Member No: 10015
Chuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabredog View Post
ahahahahaha of all the terrible spellings used by neoempire's pseudo-intellectual londoners this has to be the best
BAHHAHA

i didn't want to point this out myself because I'm yet to go to HOG and I hear it's the shit.
Old 06-03-2012, 16:38   #12
Fire-Bug
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck.ftm View Post
BAHHAHA

i didn't want to point this out myself because I'm yet to go to HOG and I hear it's the shit.
Thankyou. Look forward to meeting you dude. Wait till you try the jacket potatoes at the local Simmons when you get hungry here, theyre that good that I ran down the street with that lisp I get when overly excited screaming.....

THITH ITH DELITHOUTH!

Sabredog, I have to admit, I had to look up what pseudo-intellectual meant. But I apologise for my mis-spelling of what is undoubtedly an every day word cropping up every other sentence. My bad dude, my bad. Im quite impressed that you can tell so much about someone from a spelling error, good knack you got going on there amigo.

Old 06-03-2012, 19:08   #13
Fergus

Member No: 16461
Fergus is on a distinguished road

It should be a good event. You all definitely should attend!
Fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 18:45   #14
Breslinabrb

Member No: 15505
Breslinabrb will become famous soon enoughBreslinabrb will become famous soon enough

Hey guys im from Scotland looking to make the trip over

Whats the prizes like for UMVC3?

Once Hypespotting's out the way im looking to travel a lot more for events.

-VS| Breslin

Last edited by Breslinabrb; 07-03-2012 at 23:28.
Breslinabrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 15:23   #15
Chuck

Member No: 10015
Chuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings stillChuck mans is saying couple tings still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owwmykneecap View Post
Dublin, Ireland - April 14th - Irish Evo Qualifier Tournament

The third Irish Evo Qualifier has just been announced.

Taking place in historic Trinity College on April 14th Flights and entry to the Evo world championships held in Las Vegas in July will be up for grabs.

Tournaments will be taking place in:

SSFIV: AE ver.2012
Street Fighter X Tekken: team tournament.
Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3
and Mortal Kombat

The first prize for for Super Street Fighter IV will be the flights and entry to Evo The prizes for the other tournaments will be announced later.

To Pre register for the tournament visit: http://evo.randomselect.ie/

By pre registering you will be kept up to date with all announcements.

A full timetable and entry costs will be made available later this week.
Any further announcements for this tournament?