Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Games discussion | Fighting Game Discussion (All other Fighters) | Street Fighter X Tekken

Old 22-03-2012, 00:29   #46
Taylor

Member No: 2047
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? Lili should be spending half the match kneeing people in the face. She has at least 4 ways of knocking people up into the air.
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 00:34   #47
D.M.C.D

Member No: 15184
D.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Eh? Lili should be spending half the match kneeing people in the face. She has at least 4 ways of knocking people up into the air.
yeah my bad i actually meant that she she can only juggle from the EX versiion of her air dive thing.
Old 22-03-2012, 02:30   #48
ilmaestro

Member No: 5805
ilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to say that she can only combo (and mis-using the word "juggle") after the EX version of her dive kick, and not the regular version?
ilmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 03:21   #49
Crunch King

Member No: 1926
Crunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmaestro View Post
Are you trying to say that she can only combo (and mis-using the word "juggle") after the EX version of her dive kick, and not the regular version?
Dude, didn't you hear? Guile is the same as Ryu, and juggles are the same as combos.

get with the tiiiiiiiiiimes
Old 22-03-2012, 11:44   #50
D.M.C.D

D.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings still

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmaestro View Post
yeah, well i've yet to get it working anyways.
Old 22-03-2012, 12:36   #51
Jamy

Member No: 2187
Jamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings stillJamy mans is saying couple tings still
Send a message via MSN to Jamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch King View Post
Dude, didn't you hear? Guile is the same as Ryu, and juggles are the same as combos.

get with the tiiiiiiiiiimes
Will we be seeing a Ryu alternate costume for Guile in UMVC3?
Old 22-03-2012, 12:43   #52
Taylor

Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.C.D View Post
yeah, well i've yet to get it working anyways.
Oh right, I was very confused. Juggles are moves that let you knock a floating opponent back into the air. Lili should be doing stuff like LK Angel Knee, LK Angel Knee, cr.HP, Sunflower Lance, K, K; She definitely has juggles.

Her regular Dive Kicks are not that great, your best bet is to do them meaty after a hard knockdown with cr.HK or Dendrobium (Meaty is an attack hitting late in its active frames, such as over a waking opponent, so you get extra frame advantage :3).

Last edited by Taylor; 22-03-2012 at 12:55.
Old 22-03-2012, 19:12   #53
D.M.C.D

Quote:
Oh right, I was very confused. Juggles are moves that let you knock a floating opponent back into the air. Lili should be doing stuff like LK Angel Knee, LK Angel Knee, cr.HP, Sunflower Lance, K, K; She definitely has juggles.

Her regular Dive Kicks are not that great, your best bet is to do them meaty after a hard knockdown with cr.HK or Dendrobium (Meaty is an attack hitting late in its active frames, such as over a waking opponent, so you get extra frame advantage :3).
Cool cheers. Dendrobium? Shit, can't remember all the names of her attacks :/

another issue I'm seeing with her is a lack of comboing from a low. She can chain with LP>f+MP>MK iirc but that's from a standard jab. May come to pass that her combo's/juggles from low attacks are a bit primitive (cr.LK>special etc) rather than being interesting.

Cool Asuka shit though:
cr.LK>MP>LP>Double Lift Kick>j.HK(2)>HK>L Onikubigari
Old 22-03-2012, 20:44   #54
Taylor

Dendrobium is QCF P, the one when she sticks an arm out. You can do it where you would usually do Sunflower Lance to sacrifice damage for a hard knockdown.

If anything she has an easier time against a standing opponent because her Angel Knee will always miss a crouching opponent. If they’re crouching you have to force standing with cr.hp or f.hk. Ex: cr.lk (low), st.lp (hitconfirm), cr.HP (stand), LK Angel Knee, LK Angel Knee, cr.HP, Sunflower Lance.
Old 22-03-2012, 21:02   #55
D.M.C.D

Quote:
Ex: cr.lk (low), st.lp (hitconfirm), cr.HP (stand), LK Angel Knee, LK Angel Knee, cr.HP, Sunflower Lance.
Wait, but the cr.lk doesn't combo into standing lp, does it? I can't get it working :/
Old 22-03-2012, 22:36   #56
Taylor

It's a link, if you're having trouble I would probably try something else as landing that cr.HP will be problematic. You cannot special cancel boost combos or whatever they're called (though you can special cancel some Tekken chains).

If you don't mind spending meter you could do something like cr.LP xx, cr.MP xx cr.HP as a chain and then EX Angel Knee, LK Angel Knee, and then stuff. But I imagine you could EX Sunflower Lance and do things more painful.
Old 22-03-2012, 23:16   #57
D.M.C.D

Quote:
It's a link, if you're having trouble I would probably try something else as landing that cr.HP will be problematic. You cannot special cancel boost combos or whatever they're called (though you can special cancel some Tekken chains).

If you don't mind spending meter you could do something like cr.LP xx, cr.MP xx cr.HP as a chain and then EX Angel Knee, LK Angel Knee, and then stuff. But I imagine you could EX Sunflower Lance and do things more painful.
Ahh so it is possible... now I know I'll practice it.

dunno what these 'boost combos' are you're talking about. Most chains for these characters seem to be cancelable into a special move (I only say these characters because I haven't touched a single other character, and probably won't ever either lol). Asuka can't use her 1+4 from tekken (f.MK in SFxT) in a juggle, if it's landed on the ground I'm assuming using the MP followup could lead to something special. Also can't seem to do much with her df.HK sweeps if it's in a juggle (for example f.LK>df.HK>df.HK>df.HK) which is a bummer. Overall her lift kick and Onikubikari seem to be the best specials in a juggle, but I think her hcb+P special goes around fireballs. I don't see much in the way of bnb damage with the move in a combo though. Still haven't fully worked out the best option for df.HK>HK as a juggle starter though yet.

I'm settling in to Asuka a lot easier than Lili though atm. Her 3,2,3 equivalent (f.MK>MP>HK) seems pretty pointless in this game though which is gimp. Pretty happy with the team choice I think tbh, keep things simple spend £30 on a game and only play 2 characters but I'll make them work. I'm just a bit pissed that Asuka is proving to work out better for me than Lili lol.
Old 22-03-2012, 23:23   #58
Crunch King

Member No: 1926
Crunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond repute

Boost combo refers to the basic L>M>H chain that every character can do. You can not cancel out of this chain with a special move, but you CAN with an EX or super. Link combos, however, can be cancelled into a special move, and are not subject to as much damage scaling. Other chain combos, such as the ones most of the Tekken characters have, CAN be cancelled into standard special moves (with a few exceptions.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.C.D View Post
I'm settling in to Asuka a lot easier than Lili though atm. Her 3,2,3 equivalent (f.MK>MP>HK) seems pretty pointless in this game though which is gimp.
f.MK>MP is pretty good for gaining ground, and relatively safe on block (-1). The HK on the end hits overhead, so it does have purpose. Super unsafe though, and relatively easy to see coming.
Old 03-04-2012, 22:11   #59
sebmaq

Member No: 11391
sebmaq will become famous soon enoughsebmaq will become famous soon enough

I think your right there is a mad amount of mechanics plus the f-ing gem system. But I guess that is the idea just to make it as mad as possible. It feels to me like SF4 with some MVC3 type mechanics like abc combos, the break system etc.

I think the swith over during combos is amazing tho, its going to un veil some super creative stuff. I only figured out how to do it yesturday. I wasnt enjoying the game before learning the swap out during combo mechanic, but now it gives me more options and a lot more dmg potential.

I still want to figure out how to use the Cross Art as they seem a vital part of high level game to learn as they chunk away the refill life. Pretty easy to hit confirm into too. I have not played one person who has used pandora mechanic, I think we will see it being used a lot more down the line. Also not played some who has use the break system where u do an ex while in blockstun.The cross assaualt seems pointless unless your playing with a friend.

I am now really enjoying the game only thing im not used to is links as the sound is so different from sf4, seems the timing too. SF4 feels really dry and stale after playing sfxt, SF4 is just so limited by mechanics and the fact that its a very pattern/flow chart type reading game. Only stuff left to learn in sf4 for me is really tedious stuff like perfecting option selects, safe jumps, frame traps, frame data, all of which is extremely boring to learn.

I am happy to have something fresh to sink my teeth into as I never really got to grips with MVC3. I hated the abc combo system, the lack of anti air, the 100 hit combos that u have to sit thru for 10 seconds arrrh. I picked up umvc3 and still have yet to give it a good try tho so I may change my mind!

Last edited by sebmaq; 03-04-2012 at 22:23.
sebmaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 12:34   #60
Frank Lucas

Member No: 15674
Frank Lucas is a jewel in the roughFrank Lucas is a jewel in the roughFrank Lucas is a jewel in the rough

So I decided to take action and trade in my copy of SFxT yesterday, in order to get the maximum trade in value for it. Yeah, I know....

As well as just not 'clicking' with this game I just decided that there wasn't room in my life/head to play 2 fighting games competitively, so I chose to go with SF4. Had I at least been having fun with it I might have kept it for lulz but for me this just wasn't the case.

Good for those who have taken to this game like a duck to water; ultimately you are he ones who gain the most ot the sspecifically

Pugz
Frank Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote