Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Games discussion | King of Fighters

Old 17-04-2012, 08:35   #751
Robocop Two
Optimus Cracka

Member No: 418
Robocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond repute

dude, I really have. You have to remember range though, alot of characters close standing C or D don't have the range and so they become the slower far standing versions. For example Shen's close standing C would have the speed but it doesn't have the range so you end up getting far standing C which is just too slow (although, come to think of it his close sanding D might just have the range but speed would be iffy). Takuma and Mr.Karate are on a similar level in that their close standing C's are both fast enough (Mr.Karate's close standing C is like 3 frames start up) but the range is too far as I remember.

Meter based options are always there for more characters but if you can't do standard proceedure stuff then you aren't going to be able to punish it 100% of the time.
Old 17-04-2012, 08:36   #752
Miles Star
Young and Supple

Member No: 15283
Miles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miles Star Send a message via Skype™ to Miles Star

Lol why is it getting blocked anyway? Lol

HARD DOUGH OR DIE!!
Miles Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 13:04   #753
Metallicmike27

Member No: 16083
Metallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop Two View Post
dude, I really have. You have to remember range though, alot of characters close standing C or D don't have the range and so they become the slower far standing versions. For example Shen's close standing C would have the speed but it doesn't have the range so you end up getting far standing C which is just too slow (although, come to think of it his close sanding D might just have the range but speed would be iffy). Takuma and Mr.Karate are on a similar level in that their close standing C's are both fast enough (Mr.Karate's close standing C is like 3 frames start up) but the range is too far as I remember.

Meter based options are always there for more characters but if you can't do standard proceedure stuff then you aren't going to be able to punish it 100% of the time.
I wasn't reffering to the close versions, the far versions as slow as they are will do the trick, tried with Mr karate this morning and his far.c and sweep both work.
Metallicmike27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 13:51   #754
Robocop Two
Optimus Cracka

Member No: 418
Robocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond repute

his far standing C must be faster than Takuma's, sweep is understandable because Takuma's is stupid fast but far stand C just always seemed so slow, maybe Mr.Karate's is faster (just like the St.C is faster as I remember), worth a check seeing as Takuma's can combo into an ass load of crap
Old 22-04-2012, 23:37   #755
Metallicmike27

Metallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant future

Norcal Knockouts on now:

http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

Edit: Say what you want about how good they are, but jesus this is pretty hype to watch!

Last edited by Metallicmike27; 23-04-2012 at 01:10.
Old 23-04-2012, 10:27   #756
shinefist

Member No: 9970
shinefist has a spectacular aura aboutshinefist has a spectacular aura about
Default Kof tournament in kyto japan karou

http://www.youtube.com/user/SignedByR

Enjoy
shinefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 11:14   #757
Miles Star
Young and Supple

Member No: 15283
Miles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miles Star Send a message via Skype™ to Miles Star

I saw the stream for that the other day. Some exciting stuff from kaoru in the finals I must say. Everyone else...not so much.r

HARD DOUGH OR DIE!!
Miles Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 20:15   #758
raisedbyfinches

Member No: 15334
raisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to all

Proving Grounds, last Sunday.

Semi 1: http://youtu.be/BR53c5WM1e4
Semi 2: http://youtu.be/zSGRBw2ZXvY
3rd/4th: http://youtu.be/sXLfwTLKEbc
Final: http://youtu.be/kpQtfvMyOjU
raisedbyfinches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 20:18   #759
Metallicmike27

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbyfinches View Post
YUSSSSS

Edit: dissapointed at the lack of combos, they are quite essential, especially when some characters can convert meter to damage so well.

Last edited by Metallicmike27; 25-04-2012 at 20:41.
Old 25-04-2012, 22:17   #760
raisedbyfinches

raisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicmike27 View Post
YUSSSSS

Edit: dissapointed at the lack of combos, they are quite essential, especially when some characters can convert meter to damage so well.
You may hear us through Tofa's swearing that Omar decided to pick a team he has never played with because he doesn't own the game. Hence no combos.
Old 25-04-2012, 22:21   #761
Metallicmike27

Quote:
You may hear us through Tofa's swearing that Omar decided to pick a team he has never played with because he doesn't own the game. Hence no combos.
Yeah i did...still i am very dissapoint, he should buy the game, imagine if all those small hits he got he killed off of, would be sick.
Old 26-04-2012, 17:23   #762
Metallicmike27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh33p View Post
I really need to learn some decent damage combos for my characters using HD and drive and shit but I can't hitconfirm off stuff very well. Any tips/suggestions of combos to try for easy hitconfirms? Currently using Ryo/Ex.Kyo/Mr.Karate.
Typically you just hitconfirm HD combos off any string of normals your character might have.

Ill give you some examples to try out though, for Ryo, he has an overhead, typically you can only super cancel overheads but you can also HD them. If you press HD as soon as the attack connects you get a dash forward but if you wait abit you get a standing heavy punch (this technique is also known as a HD bypass). So for Ryo you can do your overhead, wait just a tiny bit to see if it hit and then use the bypass to get a automatic Standing heavy punch hit confirm off of it and you just go from there.

For Mr Karate he can confirm off three light kicks, so if you do cr.b x2 > st.b > HD > St.Hp etc. He can also do his stand heavy punch into forward light kick chain and HD off the forward Light kick, because the forward light kick is very slow aswell you should have plenty of time to check to see if your actually hitting them.

If you need specifc HD combos aswell I can link some videos.
Old 26-04-2012, 18:55   #763
raisedbyfinches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh33p View Post
I'd like to see some HD combos for Ex. Kyo because I've no idea what I'm doing with him, but the other two I know some already. Thanks!
There are really only two for Karate. In the corner you do the [qcf+A qcf+A dc dp+C (break)] loop (getting into it however) and midscreen you just replace the non dc'd qcf+A with hcf,uf+B until you get to the corner then swap it out for the other one, at the end most of the good Karate's I've seen keep on going and do an ex ranbu at the end, doing the neomax if its a guaranteed kill.

EX Kyo I've watched lots of Mr KOF and he typically does the dp xx rekka (look in the trials there's one that touches on that in there). Watch the runback tonight ( http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive ) and see what he does on there with him or check in the archives.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2012, 15:31   #764
raisedbyfinches

New day, new post.

Videos of Tofa v me (about an hour's worth from an 8 hour 1v1 session).

part 1
part 2
*third video is broken - give it a bit and I'll fix it*

I'm seriously lacking experience playing against people. Rust and in match decisions are pretty poor atm.

Here's what I see myself doing wrong.
  • Movement - I feel I could be faster and more accurate and control space better
  • Meter management - terrible
  • Jumping for no reason without thinking - especially with Shen
  • Blockstrings into f+B with Joe (any new Joe players: not a good button to press on block)
  • Day 2 EX Iori and not attempting Shen's HD combo with him :/
  • With Shen I do s.C f+B and on block I wasn't doing anything, really need to feint from there. My Shen has been a lot better than it was in these videos - I again put this down to lack of vs experience and being rusty.
  • Oki, need to know my pressure options off knockdowns - lacking greatly in that respect
  • Change how I deal with opponent's wakeup and being less predictable *thanks Xan*
  • Generally in too much of a rush to get in
  • Ranges to make things safe - Joe's slash kick being a prime example

Anything else anyone sees I am doing wrong/should be doing?
Hit up Tofa with advice too. We're both looking to improve.

Last edited by raisedbyfinches; 10-05-2012 at 18:12.
Old 10-05-2012, 16:27   #765
Slartibartfast

Member No: 15686
Slartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond reputeSlartibartfast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
New day, new post.

Videos of Tofa v me (about an hour's worth from an 8 hour 1v1 session).

part 2

*give the third one an hour or two*
good job winning that ft5 Tofa! Team Old Timely up in this!