Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Regional Match Finder | North England | Manchester

Old 27-01-2011, 19:20   #3256
OllieMilne

Member No: 6177
Location: Region locked to his respective country to stop the Japanese buying me cheaper, or something
OllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to OllieMilne Send a message via Skype™ to OllieMilne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
If people want to make a session for SF4 just post it in here and see how many people would want to go, there's still people that play it but they don't organize anything ever

dunno what you mean by secret house sessions lol

The only offline session anyone has had since the 2v2 tournament was me, Jiji, Hutch and Infexious going to Ying's once, No one else says they want to organize anything or go in gb for a session so it's not like it's out of choice

I really wanted to get into BB but I don't even have the time to bother learning a new game, maybe in july when I have a massive break I'll see what people are playing then

I was going to post up as well if anyone wants to buy a copy of the limited edition of BBCS, not even used the codes or whatever that came with it, as I need money and it's just sat there
Yeah, that's what I mean, its just a matter of organising it but it never seems to happen, there's nothing wrong with that though, it just excludes new players who have just joined the forum from getting involved, as they're put off when no-one is playing the only game they play in Gamerbase.
'Secret house sessions' is something of an inside joke, I don't mean anything by it, just that they're 'secret' in that only a few people are invited and again, new players are excluded. Again that's fine, I wouldn't want half of Manchester turning up at my house uninvited, but you can't expect to get a local 'scene' going if you just play online and invite your mates round occasionally. Again, fine if people don't care about building a local scene or getting new people involved, but it leads onto something else.
I'm not aiming this at you at all, but some people wonder why SF4 doesn't get played at GB and why there aren't more tournaments for it, but its because no one who plays it goes there when there isn't a tournament, whereas some weeks there will have been 2 T6 setups with queues for both, so the staff obviously think "there are a lot of players for Tekken, maybe we should run something for it", just for an example. Of course the staff aren't obliged to run anything, but we're lucky enough for Ray and Chris to put things on for us and give us a space to do such things. Whatever people want to do is cool, but it is a shame when the countless new people who post once in the intros thread are never seen again because they didn't engage with anyone because we weren't playing SF4 and felt alienated somewhat.

And put your BBCS in the Manc buying and selling thread man, I'm sure someone would buy it especially as it has the DLC codes still. If no one wants it, CeX will give you 12 for it which isn't too bad considering I think you paid less than 20 for it.

i cant wait for sfxt20123 GET HYP
OllieMilne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 00:06   #3257
Shinji

Member No: 4327
Shinji is a name known to allShinji is a name known to allShinji is a name known to allShinji is a name known to allShinji is a name known to allShinji is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieMilne View Post
Yeah, that's what I mean, its just a matter of organising it but it never seems to happen, there's nothing wrong with that though, it just excludes new players who have just joined the forum from getting involved, as they're put off when no-one is playing the only game they play in Gamerbase.
'Secret house sessions' is something of an inside joke, I don't mean anything by it, just that they're 'secret' in that only a few people are invited and again, new players are excluded. Again that's fine, I wouldn't want half of Manchester turning up at my house uninvited, but you can't expect to get a local 'scene' going if you just play online and invite your mates round occasionally. Again, fine if people don't care about building a local scene or getting new people involved, but it leads onto something else.
I'm not aiming this at you at all, but some people wonder why SF4 doesn't get played at GB and why there aren't more tournaments for it, but its because no one who plays it goes there when there isn't a tournament, whereas some weeks there will have been 2 T6 setups with queues for both, so the staff obviously think "there are a lot of players for Tekken, maybe we should run something for it", just for an example. Of course the staff aren't obliged to run anything, but we're lucky enough for Ray and Chris to put things on for us and give us a space to do such things. Whatever people want to do is cool, but it is a shame when the countless new people who post once in the intros thread are never seen again because they didn't engage with anyone because we weren't playing SF4 and felt alienated somewhat.

And put your BBCS in the Manc buying and selling thread man, I'm sure someone would buy it especially as it has the DLC codes still. If no one wants it, CeX will give you 12 for it which isn't too bad considering I think you paid less than 20 for it.

Cheers for the info about BBCS I'll probably just do that for quick cash, and it's cool lol I know you weren't aiming it at anyone, all I was saying is I don't see why there's a need to ask/talk about a revival of SSF4 when all people have to do is organize a session and then people will turn up, I was just saying that people can't just sit and wait for it to happen if they want to play it that much they should just ask for a session

I just don't want people thinking the only people that still play it seriously are just keeping themselves to themselves on purpose, if people want a session then I'm sure they'd come down to meet new players just as much as I would if I could
Shinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 08:36   #3258
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

Who's in tomorrow? Is it worth me bringing in AH3?

I'm gonna learn some Space-Time Dorothy card set up stuff just for fun (it's fuckin insane)

HEEEEEB, Tim, you better have dem pentagrams on love lockdown! Get on dem occult websites!!
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 16:25   #3259
Sprint

Member No: 1855
Sprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Sprint

I'll pop in. Nothing better to do.

I've been messing around a bit with Kira / Evil.
Losing 2-3k damage from pretty much every combo is annoying, but you get some fun shenanigans in return. I'm seeing potential for all sorts of teleport -> air super resets
Sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 18:31   #3260
Roach Boss

Member No: 15336
Roach Boss is on a distinguished road

I pretty much only play ssf4 as my brain isn't complex enough to handle any more fighters, and i still need to improve at this one!

The few times i've come and played ssf4 (not as much as i'd like!) it's never been long before someone asked for a game and everyone i've met there's great, and are always on hand for any questions to improve your game.

It's defo a bit intimidating going for the first time with all the great players that go there but it's the only way you'll improve! Especially when you get to play someone a few times in a row, something you won't really get online bar endless battles.

So to people still wanting to play ssf4 who'd like to join in i'd say just go on down and play it, chances are someone WILL turn up for a game at some point and it'll probably be me, asking you how the hell you teleport directly behind into instant headbutt!!
Roach Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 22:56   #3261
OllieMilne

Location: Region locked to his respective country to stop the Japanese buying me cheaper, or something
OllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be in tomorrow for some ARUKANA HATO TREE!

Old 29-01-2011, 20:47   #3262
FSP

Member No: 13420
FSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond repute

Let me tell you one very important thing about the GB folks.

Nomatter how much some of them dislike SSF4, so long as you do not wear an asshat they're great people. It really is that simple. Go in, introduce yourself, and if you don't go on a long illeducated tirade on why SSF4 is better than BB then chances are they're all willing to give you the time of day, provided that they're not trying to concentrate on the game.

Considering some communities I've been unfortunate enough to be a part of - if you're up for it I can tell you a tale about the pro Yu-Gi-Oh community, sad as that is - the Mancs crowd is top-tier.

By the way, I've begun to upload some HD footage of SSF4 I played today. Watch the first two videos - there's epic hatemail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKXv...&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTmZa...&feature=feedu

I'm going to at least get some BB and T6 footage in before MVC3 comes out, but at the least in Tekken it will probably just be a personal thoughts video, because I'm not at all qualified to play that game online without a week or two's practice. Baek seems like a pretty trollish character though...

Last edited by FSP; 29-01-2011 at 21:03.
FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 21:40   #3263
OllieMilne

I think this has gone on for too long now; bottom line, if you want to go to Gamerbase then do so, no one is going to tell you to leave, but if you just show up on your own and all you play is SF4, bear in mind it might not get put on the casual setups because more people want to play other things. Everyone can get their own setup using their account and play whatever they want of course. But unless you invite people to play or make a post or whatever, there is no guarantee of people being there to play, is all I'm saying. Even the people who are there most weekends ask each other who is heading down before just randomly showing up and hoping for people to be there.
It sounds like some people are expecting to get shouted at for playing SF4, when all I'm trying to say is don't expect loads of players to be there waiting for your challenge when you haven't asked if anyone is heading in for some SF4 on that day. I'm trying to save people a wasted journey! I think some people have the wrong idea about what Gamerbase is, which if you've never been before I can understand. If people are still confused I'll happily explain it again, or get Smile or Bo0 to do so, as they work there.
And yes, we're all lovely people as long as you don't chat nonsense about things you have no clue about, or act like a dickhead to people online or offline. Basic human interaction skills apply!

Also, GGs Kaworu, Sixmachine and Sprint for Arukana Hato Tree games today, I noticed we played about 100 games in total. Everyone is still clearly figuring the game and matchups out but its so fun to learn something new.

Old 30-01-2011, 18:08   #3264
FSP

Member No: 13420
FSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a pretty funny recording session. I so very nearly got to play WorstGiefEver on video, but my connection screwed up. D:

Decided to bite my tounge and order a Sony DSC-W380B. Got it refurbished for 110, which is a great deal. I'm still going to get some use out of my Fuji before it dies, though. Should arrive middle o' next week.

Going to do some Tekken practice this evening. Need to write down BnBs for Baek. :P

Got a date for my Easter holidays - I'm home pretty much all of March. If I can afford it I'll definitely make some trips to GB then, even if I just sit and laugh at the crazy AH3 stuff you guys will be doing by then.
FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 18:16   #3265
onezuka

Member No: 7368
onezuka is a splendid one to beholdonezuka is a splendid one to beholdonezuka is a splendid one to beholdonezuka is a splendid one to beholdonezuka is a splendid one to beholdonezuka is a splendid one to beholdonezuka is a splendid one to behold

Just read a few posts here and just want to clarify a few things.

Sprint, I agree that people should try different fighting games but unfortunately we can't force it. For example: the typical scenario is Blazblue looks overly complicated and they instantly think it will require too much time to learn. But the good thing is that a lot of people are hyped for Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Ollie, I am not sure whether the SECRET HOUSE SESSIONS is targeted at myself or ying. Its true i personally hold tekken house sessions with some tekken heads with jameel, umer, danny, wasim, shaz, ying, danny scott etc. We would love to go gamerbase but majority of the tekken heads are mainly free on the evenings instead of the day time. We could go to kyoto lounge but we are not big fans of the set ups there. The good alternative was to have the sessions at my place. Plus danny's refusal to go to gb anymore kinda makes things harder for all of us, so that is our only option. I wouldn't exactly call them SECRET sessions cos its not like I deliberately just invite certain individuals, it is just a matter convenience and I know them personally. Danny only lives down the road, Umer and Jameel live close together so they drive down. Wasim occasionally stays over at mine on weekends. So no harm intended, I promise you.

We did a have a SSF4 session at my house. This was Yings idea as i dont hold or play in ssf4 sessions at all. I dont know how the idea came about, just ying told me one day he wanted to host a SSF4 session at my house. I am sure Ying has told quite a few of you and made no secret of it. SSF4 is not being played in gamerbase as blazblue / tekken are mostly played. To help keep the ssf4 scene ongoing, ying decided to hold this session to see what the ssf4 guys have learnt since their disappearance after SVB 2010. Do bear in mind, a lot of cleaning was involved (but thanks to Shinji for helping me tidy )

If you guys have a problem of not hearing about these house sessions, it is seriously nothing personal AT ALL.

As much as i want to have everyone round at my place, it is not going to happen...the house is just too small. Its just a lot of work for Ying and I to set up and clean. We dont get paid for it either. At the end of the day, its just mates coming round for some games. Nothing more, nothing less.

T6: Lars / Bryan / Miguel SSF4: Ken / Cody
onezuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 21:48   #3266
OllieMilne

Quote:
Originally Posted by onezuka View Post
Just read a few posts here and just want to clarify a few things.

Sprint, I agree that people should try different fighting games but unfortunately we can't force it. For example: the typical scenario is Blazblue looks overly complicated and they instantly think it will require too much time to learn. But the good thing is that a lot of people are hyped for Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Ollie, I am not sure whether the SECRET HOUSE SESSIONS is targeted at myself or ying. Its true i personally hold tekken house sessions with some tekken heads with jameel, umer, danny, wasim, shaz, ying, danny scott etc. We would love to go gamerbase but majority of the tekken heads are mainly free on the evenings instead of the day time. We could go to kyoto lounge but we are not big fans of the set ups there. The good alternative was to have the sessions at my place. Plus danny's refusal to go to gb anymore kinda makes things harder for all of us, so that is our only option. I wouldn't exactly call them SECRET sessions cos its not like I deliberately just invite certain individuals, it is just a matter convenience and I know them personally. Danny only lives down the road, Umer and Jameel live close together so they drive down. Wasim occasionally stays over at mine on weekends. So no harm intended, I promise you.

We did a have a SSF4 session at my house. This was Yings idea as i dont hold or play in ssf4 sessions at all. I dont know how the idea came about, just ying told me one day he wanted to host a SSF4 session at my house. I am sure Ying has told quite a few of you and made no secret of it. SSF4 is not being played in gamerbase as blazblue / tekken are mostly played. To help keep the ssf4 scene ongoing, ying decided to hold this session to see what the ssf4 guys have learnt since their disappearance after SVB 2010. Do bear in mind, a lot of cleaning was involved (but thanks to Shinji for helping me tidy )

If you guys have a problem of not hearing about these house sessions, it is seriously nothing personal AT ALL.

As much as i want to have everyone round at my place, it is not going to happen...the house is just too small. Its just a lot of work for Ying and I to set up and clean. We dont get paid for it either. At the end of the day, its just mates coming round for some games. Nothing more, nothing less.
That comment wasn't aimed at you Ez, as you say its well known you invite people round, nothing secret about it. Its just a little inside joke that some of us say that people have taken the wrong way. I don't expect to hear about every time someone turns a fighting game on in Manchester!

Old 31-01-2011, 00:41   #3267
darkscythe

Member No: 4011
darkscythe has a spectacular aura aboutdarkscythe has a spectacular aura about
Smile

guess its time now to revive the ssf4 scene its been forever, any ssf4 players available next weekend. whichever days best sat or sun just post up and we lle go from there

- Fei wins.- Oh.
darkscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 01:20   #3268
ashstampede

Member No: 9121
ashstampede is just really niceashstampede is just really niceashstampede is just really niceashstampede is just really niceashstampede is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkscythe View Post
guess its time now to revive the ssf4 scene its been forever, any ssf4 players available next weekend. whichever days best sat or sun just post up and we lle go from there
saturday is MVC3 day!
ashstampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 02:41   #3269
OllieMilne

Yeah Saturday is the MVC3 Fight Club in the Arndale so a lot of people will be at that, and Sunday is a Blazblue RB so the two big TVs will be occupied all day, you could probably get some of those sofa setups at the back though.

Old 31-01-2011, 03:33   #3270
Saikobooru

Member No: 15588
Saikobooru will become famous soon enoughSaikobooru will become famous soon enough

The entire thing with SSFIV is also one of the things that kept me from going (other than money/time, since I don't live in Manc) I guess, since I don't know how to play anything else on a similar level. It's good to know what's up though, thanks for all the info (and I do share the same opinion now. SSFIV is just too sluggish for me xD).
Now that MvC3 is coming, I think I'll go for a few more trips to GB. :P

Btw, slightly off-topic, but are they fixing the MvC3 sticks for the Manchester event?