Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Regional Match Finder | North England | Manchester

Old 20-05-2011, 23:11   #4126
Goukifafa

Member No: 1116
Goukifafa is a glorious beacon of lightGoukifafa is a glorious beacon of lightGoukifafa is a glorious beacon of lightGoukifafa is a glorious beacon of lightGoukifafa is a glorious beacon of lightGoukifafa is a glorious beacon of light

i wouldnt mind some tetris attack also chris, still gotta settle the last match we had a while ago :P feel the hype!
Old 20-05-2011, 23:15   #4127
Juggernaut

Member No: 11162
Juggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond repute

@ sprint
What the fuck ever happend with you and SC2?
Old 21-05-2011, 11:58   #4128
Sprint

Member No: 1855
Sprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to beholdSprint is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Sprint

Got it working last week. It's far from perfect, but it's playable, though I haven't checked to see what happens with 3 billion units on screen.

I haven't had much chance to play it yet beyond making sure that it works (went away for the week and got back yesterday) but it looks as though it should be okay, though I'll probably need to chuck another stick of ram at my PC so it doesn't struggle with the loading so much.

...anyway, heading into GB in a bit, will probably be there around 2-ish (edit: 2:30-ish).

Last edited by Sprint; 21-05-2011 at 12:46.
Sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 20:35   #4129
Juggernaut

Member No: 11162
Juggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut has a reputation beyond repute

GGs to everyone on mvc3 today it was fucking awesome Sentinel is getting learned DAT SUPER ARMOUR!!!!!!
Oh and really GGS to mike, tekken will always be the best fighting game around
Old 22-05-2011, 03:32   #4130
Adam AKA spoon

Member No: 16532
Adam AKA spoon has a spectacular aura aboutAdam AKA spoon has a spectacular aura aboutAdam AKA spoon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Adam AKA spoon Send a message via Yahoo to Adam AKA spoon Send a message via Skype™ to Adam AKA spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
GGs to everyone on mvc3 today it was fucking awesome Sentinel is getting learned DAT SUPER ARMOUR!!!!!!
Oh and really GGS to mike, tekken will always be the best fighting game around
Skank Stu

LOLOLOLOLAOLAOALOALAOLAOLA
Adam AKA spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 22:41   #4131
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

Good games everyone

MASSIVE THANKS to Ray and Chris for getting all the characters on Blazblue and MvC3!!!

I loved my matches with Matt on WWE All Stars, Hogan jumping from the top of a cage to the top of the opposite side of the cage was fucking legendary. RIP Macho Man.
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 12:26   #4132
Nadzzdan

Member No: 16725
Nadzzdan is an unknown quantity at this point

does GB have a MK9 setup? just wondering...
Nadzzdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 12:47   #4133
kaworu

kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadzzdan View Post
does GB have a MK9 setup? just wondering...
If you mean copies of MK9 then yes The set ups are always there (X360's) you just need to put the game in.

If it's a Saturday or Sunday and everyone is playing Marvel 3 / SSFIV / BlazBlue etc then you may have to log in on your own set up as the two big screens are used for the more popular games so everyone gets a go. As hardly anyone in Manc except Sprint plays MK9 and I'm not even sure if he likes it either.
Old 23-05-2011, 13:03   #4134
Nadzzdan

Member No: 16725
Nadzzdan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaworu View Post
If you mean copies of MK9 then yes The set ups are always there (X360's) you just need to put the game in.

If it's a Saturday or Sunday and everyone is playing Marvel 3 / SSFIV / BlazBlue etc then you may have to log in on your own set up as the two big screens are used for the more popular games so everyone gets a go. As hardly anyone in Manc except Sprint plays MK9 and I'm not even sure if he likes it either.
is it that much of a bad game? i played the demo and felt it was alright
Nadzzdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 14:33   #4135
Bo0

Member No: 6668
Bo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apologies...but after that dreaded day, we gave Sprint, the winner, the copy as promised and we never bothered restocking that game back in because....it just wasn't worth it lol
Bo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 14:38   #4136
kaworu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo0 View Post
Apologies...but after that dreaded day, we gave Sprint, the winner, the copy as promised and we never bothered restocking that game back in because....it just wasn't worth it lol
That is well funny. I love how no one even noticed aswell because no one has wanted to play it since that release tournament
Old 23-05-2011, 16:15   #4137
Bo0

Member No: 6668
Bo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond reputeBo0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is well funny. I love how no one even noticed aswell because no one has wanted to play it since that release tournament
Exactly hehe Nobody even misses it, or cares for that matter lol
Bo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:32   #4138
OllieMilne

Member No: 6177
Location: Region locked to his respective country to stop the Japanese buying me cheaper, or something
OllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to OllieMilne Send a message via Skype™ to OllieMilne

Haha, gave away the only copy, that's pretty funny. It's pretty popular with casual gamers though, has not even one person asked for a game of MK?

And yeah, Gamerbase and how it works can be pretty confusing for people who haven't been before. It's a gaming centre, you have an account and top up your account, which you use to log into a station. Because of the way fighting games work (loser comes off after a certain amount of goes) the staff are nice enough to let us pay 3 for the whole day and use a setup that doesn't need us to log in instead of ending up with a situation where people get kicked off the setup they're logged into, and have to log out or have the people playing owe them for the time they're using, etc.

We keep it quite formal, and us fighting game lot usually get the 2 big TVs at the side of the room, and we put the most popular games on. Early on yesterday I had Stu some games of SSF4, but as MvC3 developed a 6 person queue, we took SSF4 off because it was obvious people wanted to play MvC3 more. BBCS was also on one of the big screens but people were just moaning, so we took it off and moved it to a corner set up.

If at any point any person wanted to play any other game, there is nothing stopping them from doing so. You can ask at the counter for that game, and go play on a spare setup. Me and Kane did this with Blazblue for example. With MK, if they had it, you could ask for the game at the till and go and play anywhere in the store where there is a free setup. But if no one wants to play that game with you, then you'd have to play it on your own. The place doesn't have "dedicated setups"; its not a tournament or an arcade for example. There is never an MK9 setup in Gamerbase because no one who likes it or plays it comes in. It would be unfair to put MK on a big screen when no one wants to play that game, yet 8 people are queuing for a go of MvC3. Whatever is popular is what gets put on the big screens, which usually means MvC3, Tekken 6 or SSF4.

Whatever personal opinions people have on whatever game or how good it is aren't really relevant (though often they get aired, but its just banter), what matters is the amount of people who want to play it. Its about what keeps the most amount of people happy. Like I said, no game has to be ignored because if you want to play any game, just ask for it at the till and you can play it all you want on the smaller stations. If everyone starts crowding around one tiny setup and the big ones are dead, we'll obviously put the popular game on the big screen. Often it takes someone to ask or be pro-active about it, but that's how things should work. Gamerbase is neutral in the whole thing, its the venue we play in and doesn't dictate what we play. If you can't find anyone to play X game with you, then you just have to deal with it, or invite people who do want to play down so you can take advantage of the big setups.

Bit of an essay, but I felt I had to state things as they are because some people have claimed or may think there is some kind of bias at Gamerbase, when there isn't at all (not aiming this at Nazzdan though!). If no one who is in wants to play a specific game, it shouldn't be on the big screens. If people still don't want to play you on one of the smaller stations, then some more fundamental questions need to be asked. You're of course welcome to play on your own if you choose to do so, but that defeats the point of coming to Gamerbase in the first place.
And I should be revising so obviously I'm distracting myself!

i cant wait for sfxt20123 GET HYP
OllieMilne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:52   #4139
kaworu

Yeah, me and Sprint were playing SSFIV but there was a queue building for MvC3 so we turned it off and put MvC3 on so more people got games in.

Also, people were "just moaning" about BBCS2 because most people now believe it's utter shit. Hence why only you and kane are now the manc BB scene.

I'm still gonna play it every now and then (especially as Makoto is now in Gamerbase) but i aint puttin any effort into it nor would I object to it being turned off for any other game.
Old 23-05-2011, 17:14   #4140
OllieMilne

Member No: 6177
Location: Region locked to his respective country to stop the Japanese buying me cheaper, or something
OllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to OllieMilne Send a message via Skype™ to OllieMilne

Yeah, its not an issue if people think BBCS2 is shit; I think MvC3 is full of actual nonsense and randomness, but if there are 8 people queuing for it then it should obviously be put on, regardless of what I think about it. I was happy having just playing Kane at BBCS2 on the smaller screens, and I'm glad Gamerbase gives me that option, as it does to anyone. I won about 2 games in 2 hours, but I enjoyed it and that's what matters.

i cant wait for sfxt20123 GET HYP
OllieMilne is offline   Reply With Quote