Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Games discussion | King of Fighters

Old 30-01-2012, 01:43   #2956
Robocop Two
Optimus Cracka

Member No: 418
Robocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond repute

Say what?!........ just turning on my PS3 now because of this statement

edit.
So what do you think finchey?

Last edited by Robocop Two; 30-01-2012 at 03:01.
Robocop Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 09:50   #2957
Tofa

Member No: 15438
Tofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond repute

has the ps3 patch been confirmed to be the lag fix yet?
Tofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 10:35   #2958
raisedbyfinches

Member No: 15334
raisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofa View Post
has the ps3 patch been confirmed to be the lag fix yet?
Definitely not. Not from playing RC2 after getting it. At least I really hope its not or I'm destined for lagfests for the rest of time. It was at least better than previous matches I've played but it was 03h00 so to be fair my connection was better than those times.

@RobocopTwo a few questions etc.

Billy: Where are the gaps? I know (thanks to reading here <3 SlimAdey) that after 2B 2B 2B 6A I shouldn't be pressing any buttons at all, but you did 6A 6A once or twice - could I have reacted in between and hit you with quick move (outside lag)? How does his DP work? If the first hit whiffs how do I punish the drop down? Do I need to move? It seems odd because sometimes I've been hit by the drop and sometimes not so I was just getting out of the way.

What's the best way to actually approach him? Stand back and show him that I can and will hit his stick so making him come to me?

I'm sure more will come to me but I hope the answer here helps a few others.

Last edited by raisedbyfinches; 30-01-2012 at 10:59.
raisedbyfinches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 10:51   #2959
DeathReveals

Member No: 16561
DeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings stillDeathReveals mans is saying couple tings still

Please stop talking down Terry guys I dont want to ever drop him!

BUSTA WOLF FOR ETERNITY
Old 30-01-2012, 11:31   #2960
Crème brûlée

Member No: 691
Crème brûlée is a splendid one to beholdCrème brûlée is a splendid one to beholdCrème brûlée is a splendid one to beholdCrème brûlée is a splendid one to beholdCrème brûlée is a splendid one to beholdCrème brûlée is a splendid one to beholdCrème brûlée is a splendid one to beholdCrème brûlée is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbyfinches View Post
Definitely not. Not from playing RC2 after getting it. At least I really hope its not or I'm destined for lagfests for the rest of time. It was at least better than previous matches I've played but it was 03h00 so to be fair my connection was better than those times.

@RobocopTwo a few questions etc.

Billy: Where are the gaps? I know (thanks to reading here <3 SlimAdey) that after 2B 2B 2B 6A I shouldn't be pressing any buttons at all, but you did 6A 6A once or twice - could I have reacted in between and hit you with quick move (outside lag)? How does his DP work? If the first hit whiffs how do I punish the drop down? Do I need to move? It seems odd because sometimes I've been hit by the drop and sometimes not so I was just getting out of the way.

What's the best way to actually approach him? Stand back and show him that I can and will hit his stick so making him come to me?

I'm sure more will come to me but I hope the answer here helps a few others.
VS Billy
after the 6A ou could DP but that is risky, roll back is a better option if you are not in the corner. CD counter can be used if billy is near the corner, this way the distance between you and him isnt to big and you can get the momentum.
about his DP, the EX version homes, best way to avoid it is running, you will be able to punish it.
the normal version got specific distance, go to practise mode and check if you can run or backdash or whatever.
to approach billy you shouldnt jump, you will get tagged by his 2C, hope with a weak attack aiming downward is the best bet but bont abuse it, you could check in practise mode wich of your character moves stuff his taps.
I dont know who you are using so cannot get more precise
Crème brûlée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 11:37   #2961
raisedbyfinches

Member No: 15334
raisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to allraisedbyfinches is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crème brûlée View Post
VS Billy
after the 6A ou could DP but that is risky, roll back is a better option if you are not in the corner. CD counter can be used if billy is near the corner, this way the distance between you and him isnt to big and you can get the momentum.
about his DP, the EX version homes, best way to avoid it is running, you will be able to punish it.
the normal version got specific distance, go to practise mode and check if you can run or backdash or whatever.
to approach billy you shouldnt jump, you will get tagged by his 2C, hope with a weak attack aiming downward is the best bet but bont abuse it, you could check in practise mode wich of your character moves stuff his taps.
I dont know who you are using so cannot get more precise
Ta, its karate/kyo/kim.
Will definitely test the DP ranges, testing what moves beat 2C is harder but I'll find a way around not having a second person here. I wish I could pick my entire team for training mode and just switch between them at will. That'd make things so much easier.
raisedbyfinches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 13:34   #2962
Robocop Two
Optimus Cracka

Member No: 418
Robocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond repute

after a blocked 6A/f+A whatever you want to call it, Billy is at neutral (maybe -1 but that's about as bad as it gets) so it's basically whoever has the faster button wins however, due to pushback all your quickest moves (cr.B, cr.A, st.A and some but not all st.B) are out of range, meaning you are forced to use slower buttons with better reach but Billy isn't as he can use his cr.A and it will always reach you from there.

Creme Brulee says you can roll and that is a good option, it will make the cr.A whiff but you are getting further away from Billy and I am perfectly fine with that seeing as you will still be around my j.C range. DP is very risky because if I delay my pokes and sometimes I do this (sometimes it's by accident as well as I just pressed the cr.A too early and it doesn't come out so I press it again and it comes out like a delayed cr.A) then I may get you after invincibilty or I may just whiff punish it.

As far as DP's go, the only one with invincibilty is the EX pole vault so you only need to worry about Billy's wake-up when he has meter but not so much when he doesn't.

Billy's cr.C is one of the best anti-airs in the game but it does have a tiny bit of start-up so if you are close you can hop with the right normals but don't jump in on him.

Almost forgot, Billy's f+A/6A whatever has foot invincibility and because he is off the ground I don't think he can be thrown so you can interrupt between 6A, 6A but just don't do it with a low of a grab.
Old 30-01-2012, 17:02   #2963
OllieMilne

Member No: 6177
Location: Region locked to his respective country to stop the Japanese buying me cheaper, or something
OllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to OllieMilne Send a message via Skype™ to OllieMilne

I'm not hating on Terry or anything, as Robocop said has pretty much all the bases covered, he just seems a bit too linear. I love all the crazy shit Kyo can do in the corner, Terry just gets what he does midscreen but with an extra lising taco stuck on the end. I've not spent any proper time with Andy, but from 12 I know that in the corner, doing hcf+K~BD will lead to big damage without having to spend any bar (saw Jaylab doing like, 2 zaneikens and then a shoryudan after it, all completely meterless innit). Terry pretty much has to spend 1 stock of drive meter to cancel barn nackul into crack shoe to get decent damage.
But at the end of the day, I just had way more fun using Andy, felt like I had more options and enjoyed the flow of the matches more with him. So my team is Kyo/Andy/Yuri for now.

By the way, does anyone know what Andy's optimum HD combos are? SRK and DreamCancel wikis have nothing. SRK wiki doesn't have any combos at all!

i cant wait for sfxt20123 GET HYP
OllieMilne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 17:22   #2964
Fire-Bug
Administrator

Member No: 15
Fire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond reputeFire-Bug has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Fire-Bug

Hey guys, just a little reminder that our streamed kof session is on again this saturday, hope to see you all here! Special thanks to the Joker, our newest weekly resident
Old 30-01-2012, 17:27   #2965
Tofa

Member No: 15438
Tofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond reputeTofa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-Bug View Post
Hey guys, just a little reminder that our streamed kof session is on again this saturday, hope to see you all here! Special thanks to the Joker, our newest weekly resident
when are you moving TheHOG to Cardiff?
Tofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 17:46   #2966
JayLab

Member No: 4620
JayLab is a splendid one to beholdJayLab is a splendid one to beholdJayLab is a splendid one to beholdJayLab is a splendid one to beholdJayLab is a splendid one to beholdJayLab is a splendid one to beholdJayLab is a splendid one to behold

@Ollie

Yeah man Andy is really good. Seems to have a great all-round game. Anytime you score a hcf+K~BD near the corner, you can juggle with two A-Zaneikens and DP+A. From a close c.B near the corner you can actually do it without needing a drive cancel by doing:

c.B, c.A, f+A, hcf+K~BD, Zanei, Zanei, Srk

Which does great damage and meter gain. The "obvious" hitconfirm for starting an HD combo with Andy is s.C f+A, but if you're not close enough then the s.C will push them out of range and the f+A will whiff. I find that a much more reliable confirm is his s.B s.D target combo. My simple HD combo is:

s.B, s.D [HDC] s.C, f+A, hcf+K~BD [db,f+C [DC] hcf+K~BD]x3 ...

Followed by some ender like Zaneiken [SC] qcb,hcf+K into air Neomax or just an SRK into Neomax. This is pretty basic, but still does decent damage (getting up to about 800). I think with correct spacing you can do Andy's kick DM in the middle of the HD combo and still continue afterwards but I havent experimented with this yet.

One thing I like about Andy is that he gets some nice setups from his throws. Forward throw followed by superjump j.D can hit really deep and might possibly be a safejump (does KOF have safejumps?). Also, j.D can actually cross up, so you can do something like Backthrow, short dash, superjump j.D for a crossover.

---

Since I'm typing I might as well say a few words about my team. Settled on the combination of Kula/Andy/Shen. Really like all 3 characters. Kula and Andy are pretty versatile and both have good screen presence. Kula has good corner carry with her combos. I'm not that good with Shen yet (didn't have much of a neutral gameplan the last time I played) but I really like the way he plays. I thought originally that his mixup would be a bit weak but I have since figured out a low hitconfirm into HD combo that changed my mind a bit. Then he also has a 1-frame EX command grab (into followup combo!) and scott informed me the other day that his far.C has a guard point. Sick character!
JayLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 18:27   #2967
Miles Star
Young and Supple

Member No: 15283
Miles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond reputeMiles Star has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miles Star Send a message via Skype™ to Miles Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLab View Post
@Ollie

One thing I like about Andy is that he gets some nice setups from his throws. Forward throw followed by superjump j.D can hit really deep and might possibly be a safejump (does KOF have safejumps?). Also, j.D can actually cross up, so you can do something like Backthrow, short dash, superjump j.D for a crossover.
Some setups I found.

Midscreen cross up

throw>A zaneiken>normal jump D(hit it late) for cross up

safe jump anywhere

throw A zaneiken>hop D.
Doesnt beat everything tested it against
beats/CH stuffs All of Kings trap shots EXCEPT EX
beats/CH stuff all of Andy's dragons. ex dp gets blocked
beats/CH stuffs Hwas D and EX dragon. His B dragon gets blocked

Thats all the characters I tested it on.

HARD DOUGH OR DIE!!
Miles Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 18:31   #2968
Shoju

Member No: 1331
Shoju is a jewel in the roughShoju is a jewel in the roughShoju is a jewel in the roughShoju is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieMilne View Post
I'm not hating on Terry or anything, as Robocop said has pretty much all the bases covered, he just seems a bit too linear. I love all the crazy shit Kyo can do in the corner, Terry just gets what he does midscreen but with an extra lising taco stuck on the end. I've not spent any proper time with Andy, but from 12 I know that in the corner, doing hcf+K~BD will lead to big damage without having to spend any bar (saw Jaylab doing like, 2 zaneikens and then a shoryudan after it, all completely meterless innit). Terry pretty much has to spend 1 stock of drive meter to cancel barn nackul into crack shoe to get decent damage.
But at the end of the day, I just had way more fun using Andy, felt like I had more options and enjoyed the flow of the matches more with him. So my team is Kyo/Andy/Yuri for now.
If you tried Terry out in 2002/UM than XIII Terry will seem a lot less interesting. He lost Power Charge and Power Dunk which added a lot to his combos and ended them with hard knockdowns. He also lost his overhead, his CD that used to hop lows and Burn Knuckle has been made more unsafe. His far C and Crackshoot seem better in XIII though and quite a few of his far normals are cancelleable on whiff and hit.

I've been trying out Takuma, he does massive damage of jump ins and standing attacks. I can get 505 damage of a jump in with 1 super 576 with 2, if you can carry them into the corner and have 1 drive and 1 stock you can get 650 or more. EX grab can be very good for setting up major damage. He seems to have problems though like his short normals and lack of good reversals and anti airs. His jumping ark is really low and short too (though that has it's advantages on offence).
Old 30-01-2012, 19:18   #2969
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

Kensou/Vice/Iori for me.

Kensou, I used him shed loads in XII and now he's even better. Corner grab into EX dragon punch does a ton of damage for what it costs. Fireball is great, st.B, st.C target combo leaving him at frame advantage on block and able to link after on hit is perfect for pressure. j.CD's phantom hitbox really helps with the lockdown.

I think Vice is probably the best meter user in the game. Having EX shoulder into dash st.D xx EX Whip HD combo and anti air or air to air into EX whip then a full HD combo is just too useful and forces your opponent to really limit their options.

Iori just has everything, great pokes, command grab, crossunder mixups, hop j.C, safe specials for insane pressure and mix ups.

Currently using a lot of Clarke & Ralf at the moment (and a little Shen just to help some players new to KOF who like him). Clarkes B-SAB (guardpoint grab), air grab (j.f+C) and his command hop (f+B+D) make him really fun to play, and the guardpoint allows him to put fear into players forcing them to change shit up, which in turn alows you to try and capitalise on that.

Ralf has the best looking Neomax in the game and some really nice tools like j.D's low hitbox, the frame advatage on QCF+C, the meter gain from loads of wiffed QCB+A's. I just wish he had something to help his mobility a bit like Clarkes command hop.
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 20:19   #2970
Day

Member No: 16872
Day is a jewel in the roughDay is a jewel in the roughDay is a jewel in the roughDay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboDuck View Post
I gave raiden a good go for a couple of local sessions and I'm with Day in that he's got some juice in this, grab links from breath and an easy 1,2 hit confirm into it as well. Breath is actually a decent poke as well since A version is pretty quick and safe on top of his beefy s.C and s.D, bomber is REALLY good anti air it's so crazy fast it'll scoop them up if they are the tiniest bit above ground level.

I kinda believe that because bomber is just THAT good his grapple game is pretty strong.

Drop kicks are a bit of a mystery to me since they got hit really hard (and rightfully so) so I don't much about how to get the most out of them compared to having access to B and D normals.
OK basically there are two feasable applications for the use of his divekicks...it is stupid to spend an entire round holding down the kick buttons trying to get those 24 seconds in so u can use a level 5 so dont even try it.

1. Combos...generally you get around 100 dmg off a divekick in a combo, you can use easily in a hd combo off his hard shoulder tackle, and then some, but generally if u want to do max damage off a corner juggle with his ex tackle, spray etc, using the divekicks is a nice link that doesnt require any hd bar...I will be showing some stuff in my raiden vid...

2. it only takes 4 secs to get a dive kick ready and u want to link it off either his normals or his shoulder tackle...for eg shoulder tackle, dive kick...if they block you can grab em out of pretty much anything other than a jump... if they dont block and the tackle connects the dive kick combos without bunning hd and you can air grab after and score a combo worth 300+ dmg easy...

generally thats what his dive kicks are saying, you def dont want to forget about them bro, they are there for combo use, just get used to ur finger placement...