Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Games discussion | Marvel VS Capcom 3

Old 24-01-2011, 11:10   #1741
Atb_555

Member No: 271
Atb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Atb_555

I would personally like to see someone else other than Sentinel. Nimrod would be cool.
Old 24-01-2011, 11:14   #1742
Sir Fratley

Member No: 705
Sir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond reputeSir Fratley has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Sir Fratley

Nimrod is a stiff piece of crap.
Old 24-01-2011, 11:21   #1743
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

Sounds like it could be good:

BradyGames Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy Guide

Listed as a February 15, 2011 release date (Feb. 4 on Amazon) this 352 page book will also feature the following things:

• Character specific strategies and team battle tactics designed with the beginner, intermediate, and advanced player in mind.

• Devastating Combination Attacks for every character in the cast, as well as throw set ups and range strategies.

• Character sections show official art, bios, and stats.

• Achievements and Trophies guide describes all achievements and trophies in the game and how to complete them.

• Written by the same tournament Pros that brought you BradyGames' Street Fighter and Soul Calibur Guides!

I like the Alpha 3 one they did, and the KOFXII one was awesome.
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 11:43   #1744
Double D

Member No: 29
Double D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant future

Sounds horrible to me. I hate the idea of taking fun away from the player and pre-release, pre-determined strategies does exactly that. Sure it's great for beginners and assuming the guide sticks to raw basics it's not all bad, but the idea that this game is already half figured out really turns my stomach. I'm probably alone on this, but the community are the ones who are supposed to be exploring the game and creating these things, not people who get their hands on the game early. It's not like a typical game where having a guide holding your hand and telling you what to do only effects the individual player, this is a game that's designed with community at it's core and anything that people choose to learn from these guides will come directly to other players who chose not to.
Old 24-01-2011, 11:48   #1745
Bellinzona 77

Member No: 8602
Bellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaworu View Post
Sounds like it could be good:

BradyGames Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy Guide

Listed as a February 15, 2011 release date (Feb. 4 on Amazon) this 352 page book will also feature the following things:

• Character specific strategies and team battle tactics designed with the beginner, intermediate, and advanced player in mind.

• Devastating Combination Attacks for every character in the cast, as well as throw set ups and range strategies.

• Character sections show official art, bios, and stats.

• Achievements and Trophies guide describes all achievements and trophies in the game and how to complete them.

• Written by the same tournament Pros that brought you BradyGames' Street Fighter and Soul Calibur Guides!

I like the Alpha 3 one they did, and the KOFXII one was awesome.
As a new player to Vs, I'm going to get this. It sounds good, but I take their guides with a pinch of salt - can be very hit or miss. Nevertheless, for a new player I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth out of it before I step up to intermediate and more advanced stuff - whenever that may be. Something like this is a starting point. I'd never let a guide limit my view on a game and half the fun for me is trying stuff and learning that way. Some of the daftest ideas turn out to be the best so guides cannot and should not replace player experimentation imo.

KOF 12 was a good guide - much better than the SSF4 or Vanilla guides.
Bellinzona 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 11:48   #1746
Double D

Double D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant futureDouble D has a brilliant future

How deep do these guides go?
Old 24-01-2011, 12:00   #1747
Macho Maine

Member No: 3341
Macho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant future

After seeing what the have done with Mags and Storm, wouldn't be that disappointed if Sent didn't make it. Not saying Storm and Mags have been nerfed necassarily, I think they are actually very good and still do the same thing they have always done.

However, stuff that made them interesting and fun have been taken away or toned down and if they are gonna do that with Sent they might as well leave him out and bring in someone new.

/

I think the brady game guides are cool, the KOF 12 one helped me out a lot. Would recommend based on past guides they have done. They usually do a good job of explaining the system which is the most important thing and they give basic strategies and set ups for each character.

Since the game has been announced we have had the likes of Keits and Seth telling everyone how to play the game anyways. One more guide wouldn't hurt.
Macho Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 12:44   #1748
Double D

A couple of articles, firstly some info on MvC3 netplay, and second Franks removal and the posability of Pheonix Wright's inclusion...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-light-netcode

http://www.videogamer.com/news/frank..._for_mvc3.html
Old 24-01-2011, 13:49   #1749
FSP

Member No: 13420
FSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dash View Post
Pheonix Wright's inclusion...
They should give him Sentinels rocket super if they ever put him in. After all, they both dramatically point at people. :P He'd be an instant main personally if he was in though.

The netcode isn't going to be the same as SF4, but if it's going to be better? That's up in the air. :\
FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 13:49   #1750
kaworu

kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dash View Post
How deep do these guides go?
The good ones go deep enough to teach you all basics and fundamentals of a character. Like TAMANA said, these are a starting point. Not the be all and end all of a good player. But it's still better for new players to have this available than not.
Old 24-01-2011, 14:23   #1751
Bellinzona 77

Member No: 8602
Bellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to beholdBellinzona 77 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaworu View Post
The good ones go deep enough to teach you all basics and fundamentals of a character. Like TAMANA said, these are a starting point. Not the be all and end all of a good player. But it's still better for new players to have this available than not.
The strategy stuff sustains you for the first month. The real good stuff in the long run for advanced players will be frame data and explainations on the properties of moves (invincibility, hi/low hit, airbourne move....etc).....as long as it's accurate that is. Having it in front of you as a beginner is way better than trawling the net. Take SRK for example, often there are pointless posts you need to get through to get to the good stuff and some of the forum organisation can be all over the place.

Just out of interest, did anyone give Thor a shot at the weekend? I thought he seemed like one of the weaker characters with the few goes I had, which has actually made me want to know if people tried stuff with him and did I miss something? I seem to like characters that present a challenge - hence why I dropped Honda for Hawk in Super....that and the fact I like tank characters so much.
Bellinzona 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 14:44   #1752
Macho Maine

Member No: 3341
Macho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant futureMacho Maine has a brilliant future

Gave him a spin and as usual failed miserably, so don't have anything indepth.

His mighty strike? assist (The one where he lunges foward engulfed in electricity) is great though. Good move all round.

His mobility is pants though I will have to admit. Walk speed, airdash, ground dash, all short and slow. He could probably use his special moves to move around like Hulk maybe, otherwise I dunno how he would get in.

Didn't see him used too much sadly.

Last edited by Macho Maine; 24-01-2011 at 15:13.
Macho Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 15:19   #1753
FSP

Member No: 13420
FSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond reputeFSP has a reputation beyond repute

Which is a shame, because his meter-charging taunt + a lock down Assist like Chun-Li's is a nice thing.

He's massively improved over early versions, and he has a tonne of health. He's very much a wait-and-see...

Just preordered off Shop-To, by the way. Fingers crossed they ship it early.
FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 15:24   #1754
kaworu

Thor seems well shit, his new movie should give him a boost in popularity though.
Old 24-01-2011, 15:39   #1755
Izanami

Member No: 75
Izanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone actually sit down with Thor like...all day?