Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Games discussion | Marvel VS Capcom 3

Old 26-07-2010, 15:57   #616
Crunch King

Member No: 1926
Crunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond reputeCrunch King has a reputation beyond repute

I have to respectfully disagree in regards to Phoenix Wright. I would have used him to THE ENDS OF THE EARTH.

Still, looks like it aint happening anyways.
Old 26-07-2010, 19:46   #617
Atb_555

Member No: 271
Atb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Atb_555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch King View Post
It's a new engine. And no, as far as I am aware, no shortcuts.
Lol how do you know there aren't any shortcuts?
Old 26-07-2010, 19:52   #618
Ray

Member No: 13512
Ray has a spectacular aura aboutRay has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
Phoenix Wright?

Amaterasu?

Viewtiful Joe?

Only time these characters would end up getting rinsed is if hey are actually any good.
I'd rinse the hell outta Joe; good or bad.

Shinken Red; Shiba Takeru.....
T6: Yoshi, Feng; MK9: Sub-Zero, Smoke
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 23:13   #619
Dinosaur

Member No: 340
Dinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
Phoenix Wright?

Amaterasu?

Viewtiful Joe?

Only time these characters would end up getting rinsed is if hey are actually any good.
but that's just games, innit.

I bet when Children of the Atom came out, people weren't going "OH MY DAYS, SENTINEL, SICK, ALWAYS WANTED HIM TO BE IN A GAME, SENTINEL 4 LIFE, FUCK THOSE MUTANTS ETC AND SO FORTH!!"

but he ended up getting used by everyone and their mum on MvC2. At the start everyone will be using Dante, Chris and Deadpool, but then people will just gravitate towards whoever is top (or at least upper mid) tier. Which might actually be Sparda jr, Redfield and Wade Wilson for all we know.

As a slightly related note, I'm quite pleased by the new VS games (MvC3, TxSF etc) because it means we are actually seeing LARGE amounts of new characters in capcom and namco franchises for the first time in I dunno how long. MvC3 could have just brought back the old roster, gave them a few new moves, and brought in a couple of new heads (cough SF4), but they've actually taken some risks with a fairly fresh cast.
Dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 00:17   #620
Izanami

Member No: 75
Izanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond reputeIzanami has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope Ms. Marvel is in so I can go out of my way to mash up Chun-Li.
Old 27-07-2010, 08:26   #621
Sonic23

Member No: 1824
Sonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Sonic23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atb_555 View Post
Lol how do you know there aren't any shortcuts?
Keits confirmed in his E3 demo report that the controls were tight, meaning no shortcuts were available to perform specials/hypers.

Get HYPE folks!!! I'm the Knight of the Wind.
Sonic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 09:22   #622
Atb_555

Member No: 271
Atb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of lightAtb_555 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Atb_555

Lol I thought I was posting in the SF x Tekken thread. My bad.
Old 30-07-2010, 08:34   #623
Sonic23

Member No: 1824
Sonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to allSonic23 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Sonic23

It looks like the Sliver Surfer has been leaked and confirmed according to a recent interview with MvC3 producer Ryota Niitsuma. New moves have also been added to Super Skrull from the Invisible Woman:

• Niitsuma runs through the playable Fantastic Four cast of Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, and now Silver Surfer, who will be shown off later this month. There are no screens of Silver Surfer yet, just a little portrait along with the other two fighters from that series.

• Silver Surfer is very quick and has a unique playstyle. He never stands on the ground, instead he's always hovering on his board, and he's recommended for advanced players. Doctor Doom was suggested as a good place to start for Fantastic Four fans who are new to the Vs. series.

• They've added more attacks from the Invisible Woman to Super-Skrull since the last public build.

• Also, Niitsuma mentioned that the Fantastic Four play a major role within the basic plotline of arcade mode, and that the final boss should be familiar to fans of that series.

Source: Eventhubs

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/j...om-3/#comments

Get HYPE folks!!! I'm the Knight of the Wind.
Sonic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 08:41   #624
Carpet

Member No: 109
Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond reputeCarpet has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic23 View Post
• Also, Niitsuma mentioned that the Fantastic Four play a major role within the basic plotline of arcade mode, and that the final boss should be familiar to fans of that series.

O ho ho ho.

Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 08:49   #625
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

I thought they established Dormammu as the boss? Either way, Galactus is better
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 10:41   #626
Ren

Member No: 2526
Ren is a jewel in the roughRen is a jewel in the roughRen is a jewel in the rough

REH! remember i was asking for silver surfer many times in this thread, this game has not disappointed , i actually feel very appreciated.

By nature's hand, by craft, by art, What once was one now fly apart!
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 11:04   #627
Gutsman

Member No: 1244
Gutsman will become famous soon enough

Wheres Multiple man, needs more brawlers in this shit!
Old 30-07-2010, 11:48   #628
Dinosaur

Member No: 340
Dinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute

eh, the problem with galactus is that he'd end up as another of the "punch the giant dude's hand until he dies" end bosses, which I think are quite brass.

magneto and cyber akuma were bad.
apocalypse, onslaught and abyss were not good.
Dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:42   #629
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
eh, the problem with galactus is that he'd end up as another of the "punch the giant dude's hand until he dies" end bosses, which I think are quite brass.

magneto and cyber akuma were bad.
apocalypse, onslaught and abyss were not good.
Well if you look at the tatsunoko vs capcom boss (the Sphere boss from Okami) that was hardly anything like the "giant hand" bosses from the other marvel games. It's still a big boss but not in the same way and far more mobile, if you check out a vid you'll see what i mean.

And as this game is using the same engine as TvC I'd imagine the boss'll be a lot more interesting in MvC3.

But yeah, i'd prefer a normal sized boss character who's just ridiculously over powered.
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 14:37   #630
Death By Nines

Member No: 6653
Death By Nines is a name known to allDeath By Nines is a name known to allDeath By Nines is a name known to allDeath By Nines is a name known to allDeath By Nines is a name known to allDeath By Nines is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaworu View Post

But yeah, i'd prefer a normal sized boss character who's just ridiculously over powered.
I concur.