Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Games discussion | Marvel VS Capcom 3

Old 18-04-2012, 21:38   #646
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

Quote:
Originally Posted by obake View Post
Kaworu, do you mind sharing your tactics with Wesker/Frank?
I don't really see anything special there with those two, even after leveling up Frank, you don't have an assist to open people up with roll, and there's not really anything wesker can do besides random hit to TAC to level up.
Obviously if you can get Frank to lvl 4 it's a free Phoenix since he builds so much meter with chainsaw, but you don't have an insta-lvl4 combo (from the videos I saw at least), that means 2 combos to lvl up.
Cart assist also doesn't seem to help Wesker much since usually you'll end combos with otg shot which does air-reset outside cart range.
Your Phoenix is great, have you been playing her regularly (and doing well)?
Haha cheers

Here's why I use Wesker/Frank/Phoenix

I initially just wanted a skank Phoenix team to try out and I've been playing Frank since day 1 Ultimate came out so I wondered who could level him to 4 without meter (to save for Phoenix) just off an air exchange.

I'm not gonna be using meter in combos so air exchanging is a great way to get additional damage. So I thought why not have Frank in there, he would benefit the most from that.

Even though I fuck it up in those videos (which i normally dont) Wesker can combo, air exchange, frank plunger reps, land, call jaguar dash assist, camera, jaguar dash hits, camera for instant level 4 with no meter used. The only big problems are if the combo is in the corner the jaguar dash fucks up and if I hit with Cart assist I can't use Weskers assist after the air exchange. But the extra hits on the cart help with the leveling up anyway.

Even if I dont get the 2nd camera shot or I've already used my assist, getting Frank to lvl3 is still solid as he gets roll, floor bounce off j.S on normal hit, ground bounce OTG QCF+H and large meter gain when you air exchange to him thanks to the plunger reps.

Frank assist just helps Wesker apply more pressure, whether that be for teleports mix ups, command grab set ups or catching assists.

Another cool thing i noticed was, if Wesker dies I can air exchange from a lvl.1 frank to phoenix then air exchange back in the same combo and get the plunger loops into an instant lvl3 Frank for no meter.

Both have a million health+, which is good for meter gain for Phoenix.

So with this team I can skank it out with Wesker, lvl Frank up semi decently without using any meter and secure a Dark Phoenix. Even if they snap in and kill Phoenix I then have Wesker and Frank with X-factor and loads of meter.

It's working a lot better than I initially thought

EDIT: Very true Walker, the d+S air exchange mind game is a big bonus as they dont want you to get meter plus they dont want you to air exchange to Frank!

Obake, Infexious uses a different team every week. Often always with Iron Fist though.
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 23:08   #647
Fuzzyness
The Master of 7 proxies

Member No: 1758
Fuzzyness is just really niceFuzzyness is just really niceFuzzyness is just really niceFuzzyness is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Fuzzyness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FoIXh1J97AA
O_O
Old 19-04-2012, 23:40   #648
Ryuga

Member No: 8932
Ryuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant future

Match vid of a Japanese Vergil player trolling with the Round Trip glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUWhT...layer_embedded
Old 20-04-2012, 03:45   #649
Garuda

Member No: 24854
Garuda is on a distinguished road

I don't know why, but I got really hype at the very end of Taylor's combo, when he THCs. That kid is going places.

@Ryuga, he's releasing and pressing the button during hitstop, right? Why arent more people using this?
Garuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 12:23   #650
Ryuga

Ryuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant futureRyuga has a brilliant future

Yup, he's releasing and holding the button, really nifty. Big-up to NE member Kane discovering this and hardly anyone using it aside from two players lol.

They're probably not doing it due to the strict timing(though this player's got it down), there's not a lot of reasons not to use it though. Same for a lot of things really, some things that are really useful, hardly anyone uses. Some Vergil player said you're not supposed to troll with the glitch like that though haha, it's got some gaps, but he said it's useful for locking down and resetting your assist-use, or something like that.
Old 20-04-2012, 21:29   #651
ilmaestro

Member No: 5805
ilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Some Vergil player said you're not supposed to troll with the glitch like that though haha, it's got some gaps
I think this quickly becomes obvious when the other guy punishes him in one of them and kills Vergil.
ilmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 22:56   #652
Ryuga

That must've been at the start, I only watched the end part where the Vergil player continuously merks the other guy in the corner with it lol.
Old 20-04-2012, 23:26   #653
ilmaestro

ilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond reputeilmaestro has a reputation beyond repute

Watching it again, it does seem to be a missed input when he gets killed. Other guy jumps out of the pressure with Naruhodo-kun at one stage too, though.
Old 15-05-2012, 12:23   #654
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

Matches from the Manc UMvC3 Ranking Battles 2 & 3 on these youtube channels:

www.youtube.com/kaworuscott

www.youtube.com/saikyorb

Grand Finals of RB3 was particularily good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AItIn...6&feature=plcp
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 21:38   #655
Dinosaur

Member No: 340
Dinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute

just randomly tuned into that canadian tournament and saw wong / joker. was a really fun match, Joker almost had him but countered akuma air super with hard drive- only the first hit of hard drive connected, so he got punished and killed.
Old 20-05-2012, 23:56   #656
Ryuga

Thanks for the match vids Kaworu!

Apparently, Joker just lost to Justin 10-2 in a MM or something like that, someone's bound to upload that to Youtube soon.
Old 21-05-2012, 00:06   #657
ilmaestro

lol, gl against Fanatiq who has been bodying Justin recently. Stay hilarious, Canada and Jokers everywhere.
Old 21-05-2012, 01:20   #658
Dinosaur

Member No: 340
Dinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond reputeDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, joker just kinda hung out too close to the ground and justin cut him to pieces with berserker slash / tatsu / throw / instant overhead mixups.

urgh sfxt. cannot bear it. going to sleep. hope there's an archive.
Old 21-05-2012, 04:46   #659
ilmaestro

More entries than SFIV in Toronto, rare show of respectability for Canada.
Old 21-05-2012, 13:43   #660
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmaestro View Post
lol, gl against Fanatiq who has been bodying Justin recently. Stay hilarious, Canada and Jokers everywhere.
Can't remember, but was Justin using his alt team vs Fanatiq?(Felicia/Nova/Frank or something like that.) If so, I don't think that particularly means anything, to be frank.