Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Games discussion | Tekken

Old 16-08-2011, 16:15   #121
Samus

Member No: 15272
Samus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond reputeSamus has a reputation beyond repute

Sim used Eddy after Kuma.

I made a post about it in another thread but I'll just repost it here:

Quote:
Kishan is a new school player that made it out of groups, beat Ryan Hart in order to make top 8 and then got booed when he started getting hits in just 'cause the other guy was using Kuma? What the fuck? Nevermind the fact he did all that with HWOARANG, who is an extremely difficult character to use well, and actually achieve results with, especially in a game like 6.

Seriously, fuck that shit, was not impressed with whoever did that.
I'm pretty sure the booing wasn't coming from any Tekken players. I was sat behind a few and I could see some to the side of me and the booing wasn't come from either direction.
Samus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 16:32   #122
The Joker

Member No: 241
The Joker is a splendid one to beholdThe Joker is a splendid one to beholdThe Joker is a splendid one to beholdThe Joker is a splendid one to beholdThe Joker is a splendid one to beholdThe Joker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaonanigans View Post
Sim used Eddy after Kuma.
Hahahahaha sickness, can always rely on the Ed-Monster to get you out of trouble xD
Kidding aside, he beat Ryan too? Excellent work!

Still, that all sounds unecessary, unless of course Sim had his mates there, which I can understand!
If it wasn't the Tekken lot, then I can accept it a lil bit more, I'm very sure the booers didn't know Kishan and just booed of out spectator hype (hopefully :/ )
Old 16-08-2011, 17:15   #123
D.M.C.D

Member No: 15184
D.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings still

If it wasn't Tekken guys then it's probably just because there was the novelty of a bear fighting tbh... I'm sure a Roger vs Kuma match would have got the SF players amused.

When someone starts making a comeback, aren't you supposed to go mental and get excited in a positive way? I'm guessing was boos for animal cruelty.
Old 17-08-2011, 08:52   #124
BlackKnight

Member No:

I can imagine capos being hell for hwoarang.

What can b2 really do?

Spark is probably the best thing to throw out.

ff3 too.

uf3+4? Haven't really seen it done on capos but lol if it goes over them or it just whiffs.

ws44 maybe..

Last edited by BlackKnight; 17-08-2011 at 10:16.
Old 17-08-2011, 11:02   #125
D.M.C.D

D.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings stillD.M.C.D mans is saying couple tings still

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0kage View Post
I can imagine capos being hell for hwoarang.

What can b2 really do?

Spark is probably the best thing to throw out.

ff3 too.

uf3+4? Haven't really seen it done on capos but lol if it goes over them or it just whiffs.

ws44 maybe..
Can't imagine uf3+4 whiffing tbh, it's mid and can easily hit post bind right? So unless he is litterly on the floor then it'll hit. If they're on the floor then db+4 should hit, but has bad range. There's also the left stance... erm... is it 3,4? he does an upwardly kick folowed by a high spinning hooking kick, the second one may whiff... or could have juggle potential. left stance b2 (a downward punch with bind properties) may be useful... I dunno I don't reallly like Hwoarang.
Old 17-08-2011, 15:15   #126
BlackKnight

Member No:

Usually against Capos they'll be aiming to setup their RLX stance because it opens up powerful mixups (it doesn't matter how unsafe they are.. they track well and hurt) and also the low state really protects them from alot of damage. In fact with good setups you have to really take the mixup and can't move at all.

Their standing game is pretty good in conjunction with their stances too. uf3, df2 and b2 (the annoying sidestep face punch).

Basically it's important to find a good chunky sized mid that can hit low states quite reliably, the faster the better and if they lead to some combo on CH even better. E.g. Jin's b2,1/Asuka's b4,2/AK's d2 just to name a few.

A low that picks up is also valuable.

I don't really play Hwoarang but those moves I highlighted tend to be better at hitting them out of random RLXes. Still it really looks grim for Hwoa compared to let's say Nina, Asuka or even Jin.

I kinda expected your main to be either of the TKD characters for the fun of it. If you don't like Hwoarang why not Baek instead? Just curious hahaha.
Old 17-08-2011, 20:13   #127
D.M.C.D

Hwoa's df4 has okay range, doesn't combo or anything but it's fairly fast (I think, wouldnt know the frames... possibly 14) has okay range and if you get jabbed out of it I think you'll be safe for the majority of things.

Yeah I like Baek, he can mixup his stuff and has decent comeback potential, would like to learn Baek. But as you can see from my sig... s'all about Lee Chaolan (Or Violet, you could say. I like what they did in T4 with him).

On an off topic note about Baek; anyone else find it cool that they managed to inject a bit of history into the character? The Taekwon-Do pattern Gae Baek is named after a Korean General known for regaining a lof of lost territories... Baek himself as a character trains people in the military right? Also, Do San, the pseudenymn of Ahn Chang Ho (1976-1938) who devoted his life to the independance of Korea and was very big on, and contributed massively, to the Korean Indipendance Movement. I like that those people/facts are represented in the character.

Hwoarang get's his name from pattern Hwarang which was the name of the Hwarang Youth Group that were a special defence force of.... I believe... the Beak-Je dynasty. The Hwarang Youth Group trained in everything from icy to scorching conditions and were aged from apporx. 12 to 18. Hwoarang's youthfulness, strength, and military background (Tekken 4 says he's AWOL from military) fits the bill well. Just felt like sharing that piece of information with you, cause I doubt that was a coincidence.